Arise Kenya Arise....

Arise Kenya Arise....

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FOUR THINGS


Proverbs Chapter 30 has five lists of four things that Agur says are extra ordinary in different ways. I will look at the second list (in verse 18 and 19) of four things he says are too mysterious to understand. He must have watched them for a while for him to acknowledge their mystery. I am one of the people who prefer to believe in things that make sense to me. I have realized that in God, some things will never make sense, yet you just have to trust and obey.

An eagle flying in the sky: The eagle has a unique anatomy that God designed for greatness. It can fly higher than any bird and even fly against the wind and still spot a rat on the ground. Yes, this is one mysterious creation of God.

A snake moving on a rock: I fear snakes; I can’t trust them even when their eyes look harmless. I have watched a snake move on a rock and the speed is next to supersonic. How a snake does it, you will never tell.

A ship finding its way over the sea: This was before radars and other sophisticated navigation equipments were discovered. I have taken a ride in a boat on Lake Victoria, and I can assure you it requires great skill to navigate. The sea is vast and even more difficult for the sea men to find their way.

A man and woman falling in love: This must have been a mystery then and is still a mystery to date. You can take that to the bank. I cannot tell how one lady will catch my eye and move my heart while others merely exist around me. It is a mystery. Many books have been written about love but I still believe there is a God factor at the centre of a man and woman falling in love.

Deuteronomy 29:29 tells us that there are some things that the Lord has kept secret but he has revealed his Law which we are to obey for ever. You may not understand everything, but our responsibility is to obey. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

© 16th February 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment