Arise Kenya Arise....

Arise Kenya Arise....

Monday, June 20, 2011

Ouuch: Its painful but good

I hate suffering, of any kind weather my own or someone’s, deserved or undeserved. I fringe at the sight of human suffering especially the avoidable type, yet everyone has to drink from the cup of suffering. I have accepted that I cannot claim to understand what someone is going through because it is only they who know the bitterness of the contents of that cup. Sometimes, like it happened to Christ on Golgotha, I just watch and wait to see them when it is all over.

There are Geological principles I learned that are real in life, metamorphosim is one of them. Limestone is a sedimentary rock made up of calcium carbonate that can be shaped into blocks easily by hand held tools. On the other hand marble is a metamorphic rock made up of calcium carbonate but can only be cut and shaped by machines.

Metamorphose is a Latin word for change. Sedimentary and igneous rocks undergo change to become metamorphic rocks. The change occurs due to increase in pressure and temperature over time. It is these change that make marble to be harder than limestone. I have just come through a rough patch and I can say that in the discomfort one does not always understand that what does not kill you just ends up to make you stronger. When the pressures of life raise the temperatures in your heart, remember that it is well.

It happened to Moses, David and many others in the olden days, and yes there you are. You are going to make it!

© kenyatta otieno   since 1978

1 comment:

  1. though it always seems hard its important to remember this.....thanx

    ReplyDelete