Arise Kenya Arise....

Arise Kenya Arise....

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A short break from what I love...

It has been a journey, one that I did not know how it will turn out. Since 18th November 2010, I have posted 74 blogs, an average of 1.5 blogs a week- I cant believe I am such a writing junkie, I thank God for it.  If you blog or write you can identify with me. Thank you for taking time to read the blogs, you have been walking this journey with me unknowingly. I hope, you have enjoyed, been enlightened and even found the grace to excuse some of my sub standard works.



No piece of work is ever good enough. I keep editing my past posts everyday and it is not about being a perfectionist, English is foreign to so I work at it daily like my walk with Christ. I have grown, so sometimes I read a post and ask myself what was going on in my mind when I wrote it, then I forgive myself and write again. I know I will never write as well as I would like to especially where I am the editor as well.

I started out with my name as the blog title, then changed it to Blocks and Sttuts- blocks is my most dominant mode of stammering/stuttering (depends if you are British or American)  while stutts is short for stuttering. Today, I take leave with the blog titled Stuttistics, a corruption of statistics. You see, my creative right side of the brain has gained some muscles too.



I have been using this blog to develop my writing skills as I aspire to be a published author in the near future. One of the things I have noted is that I am scatter brained but I love it. I don't write along the same line, I am a Steve Biko type of 'I write what I want.' If you read my blogs regularly, you will realize that I am a Christian, a backfired anthropologist ( I always blame my teacher who told me in high school that its a bad course so I ended up studying rocks) and a Sociopolitical (whatever that means) conscious man.

I will appreciate if you would take time and give me feedback on how I can improve the blog. You can leave a comment or do it on my facebook wall.  I do not know how long the break will take. I don't want to lie about writers blog, I have some work simmering on Turkana and Rift Valley youth, so I am fine. Do not be afraid to be as blunt as you can be, I will sugar coat  it my way and swallow it. It is time to listen to outsiders as I gossip about Kenyan football for Kenyanstar http://www.kenyanstar.co.ke/ and The People Daily.

I hope to hear from you- and may God bless you.

You are the reason why I write, Thank you and see you soon or rather, you will read about me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment