Arise Kenya Arise....

Arise Kenya Arise....

Sunday, December 19, 2010

TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES AND SAY YES


Exodus chapter 3.

I was reading the book of Exodus when something struck me and I was delivered from my fears. I identify with Moses, or to be in the times, I feel Moses. Like him, my mind works faster than my mouth can speak and so I would tell God to send you if He asked me to go and speak to Pharaoh. I got several lessons from the burning bush experience that i would like to share with you today.

TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES: God asked Moses to take off his shoes which then would have exposed him to the thorns and scorpions of the desert. For us to be used of God there is a level of vulnerability we have to expose ourselves to. Shoes here signify status or other things we hold dear to our hearts. We have to let go and die to self.

GOD’S STRENGTH IN OUR WEAKNESS: That God sometimes will not take away the ‘thorn’ in our flesh- Paul’s thorn was not known but God did not take it away either. When Moses complained about his speech problem, I believe he expected God to heal his stammering pap. But God did not; he chose to glorify himself in Moses’ stammering. He organized for his brother Aaron to speak on his behalf but Moses had to accomplish the mission.

WHAT I HAVE: I sometimes feel that if only I could communicate fluently, I would do many great things. Though I thank God I have done many things as well as (if not better) any person with fluent speech. God used Moses’ shepherd staff to pass the message across in such a way that Pharaoh never failed to acknowledge that God had sent him. I believe I am special and that God uses special means to assist me pass my message across. God will use the simple things you have to achieve great stuff in your life inspite of your weaknesses for the honour and glory of His name. Take of your shoes and say yes.

© kenyatta otieno

No comments:

Post a Comment