Arise Kenya Arise....

Arise Kenya Arise....

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Judiciary under Mutunga is about Studs and Dreadlocks

The news that Kenyan advocates and judges will not have to wear wigs and dark suits to court may have caught many except me by surprise. To add spice to it, they can wear studs and dreadlocks as long as they look smart. Though I was apprehensive of Mutunga becoming the C.E.O at The Judiciary, I welcome this new development. I am not outright conservative (do not misunderstand my earlier apprehension) but one thing I know is that I am not conventional.

There is an adage that an organization takes the shape of its C.E.O and the appointment of Willy Mutunga to the Judiciary has confirmed this. Someone’s shape is his gifts, what he is passionate about, ability, personality and past experiences. If you sum up Mutunga’s shape you get the man Kenyans see as the messiah to our legal system. He has already been to many FM stations and Korogocho slums. This tells us a lot about who he is and as they say ‘we ain’t seen nothing yet.’ He is a liberal and this will trickle down the legal system grassroots in a big way. 

This theory is best demonstrated in Kenya under Moi and Kibaki. It is surprising how ministers who served silently and loyally under Moi can publicly disagree with President Kibaki. If you have the opportunity to choose a C.E.O, whether by voting or appointing take it very seriously. Everybody has a space to offer leadership, at a family level in the minimum. You will lead from the platform of your shape which is who you are; your character. 

This brings me to the big question of who is your C.E.O?  My C.E.O is Jesus Christ.

Luke 6:43-45 (The Message)       Work the Words into Your Life

 You don't get wormy apples off a healthy tree, nor good apples off a diseased tree. The health of the apple tells the health of the tree. You must begin with your own life-giving lives. It's who you are, not what you say and do, that counts. Your true being brims over into true words and deeds.

© 8 July 2011- kenyatta otieno                  since 1978

2 comments:

  1. I'm a juror still out on Mutunga - hopefully he won't fall into the "usual" human behavior of starting strong then falling into the same 'ol, same 'ol.
    To answer your question, I am very proud to say that I have the best CEO - Jesus Christ. And I am so happy He will be my CEO forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super....great insight there

    ReplyDelete