Arise Kenya Arise....

Arise Kenya Arise....

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Look at me, Look at yourself; Look at me again….

I had a light bulb moment when I started learning my mother tongue dholuo in depth. It is deep in such a way that speaking it is so fun you can twist it at will. One phrase I will point out is the expression for ‘I am unable’- otamo wang’a directly translates to ‘I cannot see.’ The fact that I cannot visualize the end product means that I will not be able to do it. This is my great lesson in this season; the power of vision.

There is power that vision generates is huge, it attracts people and attracts resources around it as well. My wakeup call has been in my personal life, that I need a clear vision for it. I now know why it was easy to burn the midnight oil in my pursuit for academic excellence. I had a vision of what I wanted to be after school; I need the when I grow up type of belief.

I can only handle what I can see, I will only solve a problem I can see myself in the solution. The bible has many verses that speaks about vision. The Message version in Matthew 6:22  says "Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have!

It is evident in me that I have to be clear in my small visions so as to be able to be effective in my BIG visions. Do you know of anyone who ever anything outstanding without a vision? This is the reason why the gym has pictures of people with perfect chiseled bodies, so that you can conceptualize a vision in the gym if you do not have one. I HAVE OPENNED MY EYES they will not be defeated.

1 comment: