Arise Kenya Arise....

Arise Kenya Arise....

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Present your final submission at the Hague.....

Many years ago I appeared before the University of Nairobi Senate Disciplinary Committee.This was to answer charges for being involved in many acts of unruliness. I even got to learn the word picketing for the first time and that it was an offense. I may not have been involved in the actual acts, but I created an environment where students would do such acts. I lost my cool and I did not do my best in my defense.

The lawyers representing the ODM 3 of the Ocampo 6 are giving their final submissions today. I have followed the proceedings sparingly but it is hard to tell who should take political responsibility for what happened. That aside, if I took you to the Hague and brought charges committed between January 1st and February 28th 2008 what would be your final submissions. I accuse you that you had negative tribalism thoughts as you watched the news. That you shied away from speaking the truth citing the hand of God in what happened. That you watched as people incited others to violence and looted and said or did nothing.

Leadership has responsibilities, as I went through my hearing and a court ordered retrial later for which I prepared well it downed on me the that the burden of leadership is huge. Some of the Ocampo 6 may have to bear the responsibility for what other people did, but allow me to ask WHAT DID YOU DO? or to put it better, WHAT DID YOU NOT DO?

To build a good future for Kenya, free from violence and negative tribalism I hereby ask you to present your final submissions. The Kenya we want depends on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment