Arise Kenya Arise....

Arise Kenya Arise....

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Love brewed in the stammering pot

Love is a mystery, so I am none the wiser even after all these years on these earth to speak about love. A few years back, in my attempt to settle down after a three year break from campus- I made friends with some lady. This lady had a friend who stammers and was timid and shy due to her condition. Here she meets a man who despite his stammer was as outgoing as he could be. She introduced me to her friend without giving details and I added her into my new data of acquittance.

The next time I met this lady, we got talking about her stammering, I told her that I speak as much as I can. If I experience blocks or prolongation of speech, I just pause and then go on with what I was talking about. I was a sort of a ruffian, impulsive and smoked almost as much as I breathed, another friend described me as volatile. Here was a born again sister who was as organized and a perfectionist as they come. Apart from stammering, which we enjoyed when we were together because we 'felt' each other, we had nothing else in common. We would spend time together with very minimal talk and still communicate.

To cut the long story short, I fell in love. I came to know Christ and she ended up as a student leader thanks to my ground work and people skills. Then love ended, and as they say, some people come into your life for a season, a reason or forever. Mercy was godsend for that season of my life and I respect her to date. Sometimes I think I had to go for one thousand days 'compulsory academic leave'  just to meet her on my second stint.

Love brewed in the stammering pot- sharing stories-changing perceptions.

4th October 2011

2 comments: